Saturday, May 27, 2017

Harvested Worm Castings, Compost and Castings to Plants, & Visitors

The worms love the start of melon season.  Nothing like watermelon rinds to get them overproducing. Since they seemed to be running out of space, we harvested the completed castings and I put them under the peach, apple and valencia trees.  I also gave some to the miniature roses and a potted plant on the from patio for bug control, which seemed to work well last time.  The fruit trees also got the last of our finished regular compost from the last compost cycle.

Over Mother's Day weekend, we had family visiting us.  I was so glad to have my Mom and Step-Dad here to celebrate Mother's Day.  We went for an outing to the community garden.  My Mom and the kids kept busy trimming the flowers from the cosmos I as pulling out so we had a beautiful bouquet.  The cosmos reduction in the box was part of the normal cycle there.  It self-seeds and is beautiful, but as it takes over I have to pull it to make room for the tomatoes, green beans, kale, carrots, etc.




No comments:

Post a Comment