Saturday, September 26, 2009

Fabulous Pesto

Last night I made the basic pesto recipe from The Moosewood Cookbook
3 cups packed fresh basil leaves
3 to 4 large cloves of garlic (I used elephant garlic)
1/3 cup pine nuts (I used more!)
1/3 cup olive oil
1/3 cup parmesan
Blend it all up in the food processor and toss desired amount with hot gluten-free pasta.  I used bean thread noodles (basically just mung beans and potato starch).  It was SOOOOO good.  Unfortunately, it used up most of my basil from the garden.  What to do?  I don't think I can plant more now.  Doesn't basil hate the cold?  Should I give it a try?

4 comments:

  1. Yeah, you have to buy it now but you can use the same recipe with cilantro too. For next year's crop, you can make pesto and freeze it! Who knew, right? Well, BL probably did!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got some cilantro but wouldn't that be seriously spicy? Yes, BL probably knew. She knows everything, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry I didn't respond sooner. It really isn't spicy at all with cilantro. Yes, BL knows all. I wonder of she is like Santa and sees all too. lol

    ReplyDelete